New Fixed Networks research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
[EUPRwire, Thu Jan 30 2014] Subscriber numbers in Denmark's mobile market reported a slight dip of 0.2% to 7.7mn in Q313.Operators will need to focus on migrating subscribers to higher value mobile broadband services and converged offerings with fixed-line. While no new data is available for our Q114 report for the fixed-line or broadband markets, we believe that the former continues to decline and the latter is growing slowly. Mobile broadband is a high growth area compared with the other elements of the market. We expect this pattern to continue through 2013 and into 2014.
* In September 2013, Telia announced that it was merging its network on the island of Lolland, in Zealand region, with that of Telenor, providing customers with a 40 percent increase in the number of transmitters and a marked improvement in service in the region.
* In June 2013 TDC announced plans to provide LTE to 99.8% of the Danish population, including 207 of the most scarcely populated regions in Denmark by the end of 2015. The company is seeking suppliers of technical equipment for its LTE network expansion, with Chinese-based Huawei a potential candidate.
* In June 2013 Hi3G Access Denmark (3 Denmark) announced plans for 4G mobile customers to receive voice/data services at the same rates when roaming on the 3 network in neighbouring Sweden. This marks an expansion in the original roaming agreement, where 3 Denmark users were only able to roam without charges on 3 Sweden's 3G network.
Full Report Details at
Denmark has improved its position in our Q114 Western European Telecommunications Risk/Reward Ratings moving two places up the ratings to 9th place with a score of 60.9. The country enjoys high scores in Country Rewards and Industry Risks given its high per capita GDP, high rate of urbanisation and the independent nature of its regulatory bodies, while it suffers from one of the lowest Industry Rewards in the region, due to its saturated market and declining ARPUs.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Iran Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- West & Central Africa Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- India Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Nigeria Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- South Africa Telecommunications Report Q1 2014